April 20 is Chinese Language Day. The US has recognized this day since 2010 when UNESCO (part of the United Nations) recognized Chinese as one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
HudsonWay Immersion School - NY Home
Home Page Main Image Shuffle
HudsonWay Immersion School announced today it is launching a new Middle School track designed to provide motivated incoming 6th grade students with limited prior exposure to Mandarin or Spanish the opportunity to develop biliteracy by 8th grade. Called the “Accelerated Learning Track,” the new program will also maximize learning in all content areas through tailored and flexible small groups.
How a project incorporates science, social studies, literacy, art and communication all in one
We celebrated Thanksgiving all week, with stories, games, arts and crafts. Our students developed social-emotional skills such as gratitude and fostering healthy relationships through activities and thankful letters.
On December 19, HWIS – NY invited friends from the Art Farm to give our preschoolers a chance to learn about different animals and how to care for them.
Our School At A Glance
- 15Years since HWIS opened its doors as NY/NJ’s first Mandarin and Spanish independent immersion school
- 200+Combined number of day school students enrolled in our NYC and Stirling, NJ campuses
- 40+Faculty and staff
- 97Percentage of students enrolled in our program for 4+ years testing as gifted
- 6:1Average student-to-teacher ratio
- 80Percentage of students who do not speak the target language (Mandarin or Spanish) at home